Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's Insanity!!

Have you ever heard of the workout program Insanity? It is the craziest, hardest, cardio..est workout EVER!!!

For those that don't know Insanity is a 60 day workout program complete with diet. The promise is: if you follow the workout schedule and diet plan you will look super awesome at the end of the sixty days. That sounds kind of hard but really easy compared to what it actually is.

We'll start with the diet...
We eat five small meals a day loaded with protein and light on carbs. We aren't to have any candy, chips, popcorn, or soda. Just typing those things make me want to eat them so bad. A good example of a meal is a 3 egg white omelet with cheese and tomatoes paired with a large bowl of fruit. Another example is a spinach salad with walnuts, apples, chicken, cucumbers, and lemon juice. We are also supposed to drink a lot of water. Michael is suffering from sugar loss by fighting off a headache and all I can think about is a big bag of popcorn. *must stay strong. Must stay strong. Must stay strong. Or as Shawn T. says, "Dig Deeper!"

Now for the work out...
A normal workout is usually a good workout with a short span of hard core cardio then back to a good workout. With Insanity it's hard core cardio for 3-6 minutes at a time with 30 second water breaks in between. Usually after the warm-up I feel like I had a good work out and I could call it a day. And that's just the warm-up. Also, I pride myself on the fact that I can push myself to go a little bit further even though my body says, "NO MORE CRAZY LADY." But with Insanity I really can't go anymore. So if that's not hard enough you have to do it 6 days in a row with one day of rest. You then have to start all over again.

So how are we doing...
Michael and I are three days in. We wake up at 6:30 in the morning so we can start our day out right. We. Are. Dying. We are both so sore and have never worked out this hard in our lives. Today Michael's arms were to weak to lift up to put on his deodorant. But we feel good. I love knowing every morning that I started out with the most insane workout I've ever done. Ever. I also took my "before" picture today and that fueled me quite a bit as well. After it's all over I'll post my before and after pictures. I don't want you guys to see my before picture until I have an after. You probably understand.

AHHH, a Burger King commercial just came on. Normally that chicken tender looks gross but not now.

Anyway, so that's what I'm up to. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Oh and thanks Irene for doing it with us and for introducing us.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Insanity is an AMAZING program. I am getting ready to start Asylum- the next Insanity program. Keep it up- I PROMISE it will pay off!