Saturday, September 19, 2009

My eggs were going bad

So it's Saturday. Michael is taking two really essential classes this term and so he really wants to stay on top of things. Because of this he is spending his whole day at school. Usually I work on Saturdays but due to a happy accident I have a three day weekend. I knew I would be needing to keep myself busy without sitting in front of the TV. So, I made a list of things I needed to do. The number one thing I really needed to do; my eggs were minutes away from expiring so I needed to boil them so they would last longer. So, what's the best thing to make when you have boiled eggs...egg salad sandwich! I let my creativity run away with me and I out did myself. I present... the best egg salad sandwich ever!
So, I took some Tomato Basil bread from Panera and put a light layer of mayo with some cheese. I put the bread in the oven to broil until lightly toasted. I then added some bacon, avacado, and onion! I do have to say that it was the best egg salad I've ever eaten!

4 comments:

Suzi Hardy said...

I love egg salad sandwiches! That one looks so yummy. I know! why don't you come to my house, stay awhile, and make me a sandwich like that? You will have to bring the bread with you because we don't have a panaria (sp) here. I will be sitting out on the front porch waiting for you, so hurry!

Suzi Hardy said...

Oh...and PS...I can't believe that I was actually the first to comment on a blog! Woohoo...I'm hot today! I win, I win!

Jeigh said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (*big breath*) MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!
I would totally eat egg salad if it was dressed like that! I wish I was there to stuff my face with you, and keep you company while Fatty is gone. Love you!

Erin said...

if there is one sheer pleasure in life, it is that of an egg salad sandwich on toasted bread. You're sandwich looks soooo amazing that I may have to make me one right here, right now. Your post made me want one. Except I want extra mayo on mine. ooh, I'm salivating