Friday, June 10, 2011

You're kidding me, right?

I'm on craigslist looking for a new job. I just leave the page open all day and refresh periodically so that I can see the newest job posting. I opened up one today for an Office Manager. Here are the job requirements:

Essential Duties & Responsibilities:

• Manage the Receptionist area -- greet visitors, provide accurate information and instructions to clients in person and over the phone
• Distribute mail and serve as FedEx, UPS and USPS receiver
• Provide support for all incoming calls and walk-ins
• Management of all inventory items
• Provides administrative support to other team members
• Assist with sales and marketing activities
• Training on Photoshop
• Maintain vendor relationships
• Run errands
• Serve Coffee, Tea and Refreshments to clients
• Model professional behavior

I could do that! I'm not really that trained in Photoshop but I have a hubby who could teach me and that's besides the point.

Before I actually apply I look for the qualifications. For this one...you need a Bachelor's degree. You're kidding me, right? I don't have one but yet I can do all of these skills.

*sigh

I'll keep searching.

2 comments:

Toni said...

4 - 5 years of school to serve coffee? Lol. I know there were other things too. But still. That does not sound like a job that should require a degree. Sorry, hun. : (

morgan and tina said...

Good luck!! Searching for jobs is no bueno...especially when they have still requirements like that cause you could totally rock that job. Hang in there!