Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Surgery and the Easter Bunny

Remember how I was wearing this...

Ohh, look how clean it was.
Well I wore it for four weeks. I was told that I sprained my ligament in my thumb and I should be fine after the four weeks.

So, I very anxiously went to my doctor's appointment on Monday to get that freaken cast off. They were very efficient in getting it off and for the first time in four weeks I saw this...

Hello thumb! I've missed you. I had to take the picture really quickly because I didn't want to be caught taking a picture and I wasn't sure if I would be getting a cast back on.

What you can't really see in this picture is that with taking off my cast the doctor discovered that my thumb flops way to far down because the ligament is torn. Exciting, I know.

So, on Thursday I will be going under the knife to repair the ligament. Apparently, we all have a tendon in our wrist that we don't use. (Heavenly Father did such a good job creating our bodies) The doc, who has done this surgery over 1,000 times, will take the unused tendon and repair my ligament. I will then have to have physical therapy. Oh such fun things to come.

I'll let you know how it all goes next week or something.

On a related note, the Easter Bunny and I had a chat. We decided that he just better come tomorrow morning because I might be exhausted Sunday morning and might not be up to helping him out. Also, since he's making a special trip, just for us, he decided that I would have to put the baskets out in the morning and he just dropped them off tonight. He also apologized that the gifts are not gospel related because he realizes that's a rule in our house. It's just that everything was last minute and he just didn't have a chance to really look into some good Easter items. So, I got a picture of them...

Michael's is on the right. My "big" present is coming. I'm getting the book "Pick Another Checkout Lane, Honey." It's a couponing book. I really want to save some money on groceries.

I hope you all have a very Hoppy Easter!

No comments: