Saturday, January 14, 2012

A reason to visit us

Today we went to THE SAN DIEGO ZOO!!!!

It was awesome.

We got the season pass so when you come visit us you get in for cheap. So come.

This is what we saw:

We parked in "E" for Koalas
This was at the Entrance before getting into the park.


This guy was pacing back and forth. Probably because he was pissed that all these people were bugging him.

Elephants were our first real stop. We stopped and watched them for a long time.


Then we stopped ant watched the Lions. There was a worker there giving them treats, beef heart, and she got them to do some tricks.

Like lie down...
...and come. She also got this one to stand. Michael wants me to say that this one is named Nala. It's not though. I can't remember what it's name was. The male was Marty.

The polar bear was hilarious. He would stay only on that rock and dance back and forth.

This one is for Sarah.

I used to ask for a tiger every year for Christmas.
This is a fishing cat. They bark like dogs and LOVE to swim. I didn't get a really good pic but they really just look like big kitties.

This little guy was just hanging out, no pun intended, by the monkey cages.

Don't worry Val, I wouldn't miss the giraffes.





I'm so glad we were finally able to get to the Zoo. I can't wait to go to the Safari Park next. Luckily, we have our season passes so it's paid for.

Now come and visit us so we can take you too.

5 comments:

Chels said...

Seriously, we would love to come visit you guys!! But, more for the ocean than the zoo. I've never played on the beach or in the ocean. Gah!! I'm so jealous of you right now. Oh and the zoo would be cool too. But I've been there once. We went there on choir tour, but we didn't get to visit a beach.

morgan and tina said...

I love the zoo!! Especially the San Diego Zoo..we spent ALL day there! love it!

Erin said...

I LOLED!! at Sarah's baboon. That's hilarious!

Jason + Whitni said...

Dude Lu I LOVE the SD Zoo! (I think I rhymed a lot in that small sentence...it's a gift really) Anyway, growing up in Cali we went on field trips to that place all the live long time. I remember being obsessed with the reptile exhibit. Perhaps I'm a Slytherin and didn't know it....ahhhh!!
Anyway, thanks for your comments on my blog. It made my day! And now I shall answer your question. School- I'm finishing up my BA degree online in Marriage and Family/Communications. I should have been done a LONG time ago but I had to work full time so the sexy man could finish up so I've been taking about one or two classes each semester. And now it's almost done! Yes! Thanks for the advice on apartment hunting. You DO make a very valid point. He does know it all. And don't you worry, I'm making some time for the Jazz game tonight. Heck Lu, I sure love you! (And I just rhymed again....I'm on fire!)

Sarahie said...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Thanks for the baboon shot. I'll never live that down...and I didn't do anything! =)

I love that zoo. It is one of the best ever. I was going to try and go to the Safari Park last time I was there, but didn't get to, so I'm super jealous. We'll have to find a way to visit you some time.

I'm glad you are having so much fun there! Love ya!