Thursday, January 13, 2011

A close friend

"I'm lonely"

This is a text that started, even though it may not seem like it, a wonderful conversation between friends.

My friend, Chelsey, has been one of my best friends for a long time now. She and I have known each other since a young age and became friends in high school. If I remember correctly, please correct me if I'm wrong, it all started in a math class. We sat next to each other because we knew each other and it blossomed into one of the best friendships ever. I was even so lucky that Chelsey was connected to another friend who I am still good friends with today. Hi Toni, I love you too!

Chelsey and I haven't always gotten along. Just like all friends who are girls we have said mean things about each other when we were mad. We've screamed at each other and have told each other where to go. We have disagreed; we have more often agreed. We have laughed, loved, and cried together a many times. Through all of that she still loves me for me. Even though I have changed tremendously and she has changed some too, we still love to love each other.

Today during our two hour conversation I realized how much Chelsey means to me. We shared the same ideas and thoughts. At some points it was as if she was reading the thoughts right out of my head. It was nice, though, to just hear her say it. She said so much that I needed to hear and I didn't even ask for any advice. It was almost like she knew what I needed to hear with out even knowing she knew. (How's that for confusing?) That's why I realized she means so much to me.

I'm grateful for friends like Chelsey.

2 comments:

Chelsey Jo said...

And I am grateful for you! I don't know what I would've done without you Thursday night!

Toni said...

I love you guys! (I'm just barely catching up on blogs. I suck. Sorry I didn't comment sooner.)