Wednesday, March 10, 2010

#9: Called to Serve

I want to start out by saying how grateful I am that the Holy Ghost is so close to us. I sometimes feel like I'm having a conversation with myself when I realize it's the spirit talking to me. It's so nice to just sit and quietly listen as I get great ideas and I continue to receive comfort. It helps me realize how close my Heavenly Father actually is.
Today I had those woe is me moments. I "realized" that I do so much for so many people and they are so "selfish" and "never" give anything back. I thought, "There are only so many times I can serve. I'm just going to stop serving others because it just sucks." I was then sweetly put in my place. I realized that I don't serve others because I need a reward from them. I serve others for my Heavenly Father and for me. So what if I don't ever get any reward from the person I am serving; my real reward I get is eternal.
And, just for the record, I do get a reward from those I serve. Sometimes it's harder to see than others.

No comments: